Welcome to Paris – the city of art, romance, and everything magical! Nestled along the banks of the Seine River, Paris is a destination that needs no introduction. The city has captured the hearts of travellers for centuries. From its world-famous landmarks to its intimate hidden corners, the French capital offers an experience of a lifetime that leaves everyone wanting more. Whether you’re savouring delicate macarons in a charming café, strolling through historic streets adorned with priceless architecture, or gazing at the Eiffel Tower sparkling against the night sky, Paris is a city that ignites passion and wanderlust in the hearts of all who walk through its enchanting alleys and streets.
If you are ready to be awestruck by the beauty of this city, then this blog is for you. Join us as we explore the top things to do in Paris, from must-visit landmarks to hidden gems. Whether you’re a first-time traveller or a seasoned explorer, our curated list will ensure you make the most of your time in the City of Love. So, pack your bags and prepare to immerse yourself in the art, culture, and culinary delights of Paris with us!
Top things to do in Paris
1. Eiffel Tower – A Timeless Icon
The Eiffel Tower stands tall and proud, serving as the symbol of Paris. It goes without saying that when you are looking for things to do in Paris, visiting this iconic landmark is an absolute must. Here are some experiences to have at the Eiffel Tower:
- Ascend the Eiffel Tower for breathtaking city views: Take the elevator or climb the stairs to the second floor. From there, you’ll have stunning panoramic views of Paris in front of your eyes. On a clear day, you can even see famous landmarks like Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, and the Arc de Triomphe.
- Enjoy a picnic at the Champ de Mars park: At the base of the Eiffel Tower is the Champ de Mars, a vast green park perfect for a fun picnic. Grab some delicious French treats from nearby bakeries, spread out a blanket, and have a great time with your loved ones with the tower as your backdrop.
- Experience the sparkling Eiffel Tower light show at night: After sunset, the Eiffel Tower comes alive with a dazzling light show that takes place every hour. The lights beautifully illuminate the tower, creating a magical ambience. Watching the light show is a perfect way to end your day in Paris.
2. Louvre Museum – A Haven of Art
Home to an impressive collection of art and historical artefacts, the Louvre Museum is the perfect place for art enthusiasts and history buffs. When it comes to things to do in Paris, visiting this museum is a must. Here’s what you shouldn’t miss when exploring the Louvre:
- World-famous masterpieces: The Louvre is home to some of the world’s most renowned masterpieces, including Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. Take your time to admire these works of art, and don’t forget to explore the museum’s many other impressive galleries.
- Explore the extensive collection of antiquities: Immerse yourself in history as you wander through the museum’s extensive collection of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman antiquities. From mummies to ancient sculptures, the museum’s collection is a fascinating journey through time.
- Try the Skip-the-Line Tickets: The Louvre is immensely popular, and the lines to enter can be long, especially during peak tourist seasons. Try skip-the-line tickets to bypass the queues and save time.
3. Notre Dame Cathedral – Gothic Grandeur
The Notre Dame Cathedral is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and a symbol of Paris’s religious heritage. While the cathedral experienced a tragic fire in 2019, it remains a significant attraction that you must include in your list of things to do in Paris. Here’s what you can do at Notre Dame:
- Admire the stunning Gothic architecture: The cathedral is a marvel of intricate stone carvings, flying buttresses, and striking rose windows.
- Climb the towers for panoramic views of Paris: For a unique perspective of Paris, climb the towers of Notre Dame. You’ll be rewarded with breathtaking views of the city’s skyline, including the Seine River and the Eiffel Tower in the distance.
- Take a Seine River cruise to see Notre Dame from a different perspective: Seeing Notre Dame from the Seine River offers a different view of this magnificent structure.
4. Montmartre – Bohemian Bliss
Montmartre is a charming neighbourhood in the northern part of Paris. The place has a rich artistic history and a unique bohemian atmosphere. When it comes to things to do in Paris, checking out this place is a must. Here’s what to do when you visit Montmartre:
- Wander through charming streets and artist squares: Montmartre’s winding cobblestone streets are a delight to explore. Stroll through Place du Tertre, where street artists display their talents and soak in the artistic ambience.
- Visit the iconic Sacré-Cœur Basilica: Situated on top of a hill, the Sacré-Cœur Basilica offers panoramic views of Paris. The basilica’s interior is equally impressive, with stunning mosaics and beautiful architecture.
- Uncover the artistic history at the Espace Dalí Museum: Montmartre has been a haven for artists throughout history, and the Espace Dalí Museum celebrates the surrealist works of Salvador Dalí.
5. Seine River Cruise – Romantic Serenity
A Seine River cruise is a must-do experience when it comes to things to do in Paris that allows you to witness the enchanting beauty of Paris from the water. Here’s what to expect on a Seine River cruise:
- Cruise Along the Seine River and Pass By Iconic Landmarks: The cruise takes you past many of Paris’s famous landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, and more. It’s a relaxing way to see the city’s highlights.
- Opt for a Dinner Cruise to Combine Sightseeing with a Delectable Meal: Treat yourself to a memorable evening by choosing a dinner cruise. Enjoy a gourmet meal as you glide along the Seine, and watch the city light up as the sun sets.
- Capture the Magic of Paris at Sunset with a Twilight Cruise: Sunsets in Paris are truly magical, and a twilight cruise lets you experience the city’s transformation as the evening sets in. The illuminated bridges and monuments create a romantic ambience you won’t forget.
Cheap things to do in Paris when on a budget
Trips can be expensive, especially in cities like Paris. But this doesn’t mean you can’t explore Paris at all. There’s a lot you can do in the City of Love, even on a budget. Here are a couple of cheap things to do in Paris:
- Free Walking Tours – Explore on Foot:
- Join one of the many free walking tours to explore the hidden gems in Paris.
- Tag along local guides as they provide insightful stories and historical facts.
- Tip the guide at your discretion as a gesture of appreciation for their time and expertise.
- Picnic at Luxembourg Gardens – Scenic Delight:
- Indulge in a budget-friendly picnic at the picturesque Luxembourg Gardens.
- Purchase fresh baguettes, cheeses, and other delights from local markets.
- Relax amidst beautiful fountains, manicured lawns, and vibrant flowerbeds.
- Street Performers at Place du Tertre:
- Head to Montmartre’s Place du Tertre to witness talented street performers.
- Enjoy live portrait sketches, caricatures, and captivating art demonstrations.
- Get your own portrait drawn as an affordable and unique souvenir.
Here’s how you can enhance your trip with Viator
Viator is your go-to platform for booking tours, activities, and experiences in Paris. Here’s how Viator can help enhance your trip:
- Wide Selection: Viator offers an extensive range of tours and experiences, ensuring there’s something for every interest and budget.
- Skip-the-Line Tickets: With Viator, you can pre-book skip-the-line tickets to popular attractions like the Louvre and Eiffel Tower, saving you time and hassle.
- Expert Guides: Enjoy the company of knowledgeable guides who will enrich your experience with valuable insights and stories.
- Convenience: Viator allows you to book your activities in advance, helping you plan your itinerary with ease.
- 24/7 Support: Travel with peace of mind knowing that Viator’s customer support is available around the clock to assist you.
Paris is a city that captivates and enchants travellers with its timeless beauty and cultural wealth. Whether you’re visiting with family, exploring on a budget, or simply seeking the best experiences, Paris has something for everyone. With our list of top things to do in Paris, you can rest assured that you will have the best experience. Don’t forget to leverage Viator to make the most of your family vacation to Paris, ensuring you create lasting memories of this magical destination. For more such updates, visit Hermagic.