The world is swiftly turning towards Korean beauty products owing to their organic composition and exotic ingredients. K beauty moisturizers are available for different skin types and can help you treat hyperpigmentation, roughness, etc. They are typically made of natural ingredients like ginseng, licorice root, etc. In this blog, Hermagic will help you understand if K beauty is a good choice for your skin.
K beauty moisturizer ingredients
- Ginseng is a slow-growing plant with fleshy roots. Typically used as a dried root, it has been used to treat bruises, wounds, ulcers, and other skin conditions. It is rich in antioxidants and prevents aging of skin cells.It is extremely useful for maintaining and regulating skin elasticity and balancing sebum production.
- Rice Is equally beneficial when used on skin and hair. Regular use of rice water on your hair helps fight the problem of excessive hair loss. Fermented rice water is known for its whitening properties. In addition, it regulates sebum secretion, mattifies oily skin and thus reduces acne.
- Bamboo contains silica, a natural nutrient that is one of the basic components of collagen. It essentially helps replenish collagen reserves, which decrease with age. Additionally, bamboo has a reputation for strengthening and repairing the skin, which is why it is often used as an ingredient in the treatment of acne. The bamboo fiber helps lock in moisture and hide fine lines, while the matte finish soothes dark circles.
- Licorice Root helps fight discoloration and keeps skin healthy and moisturized. Helps lighten skin discoloration caused by harmful UV rays. This is an amazing option compared to brutal synthetic sunscreens. It also helps brighten skin, relieve inflammation, and reduce redness and swelling.
- Birch provides the skin with exceptional moisture, nourishes it, and restores its natural moisture. Thanks to its richness in antioxidants, it helps soothe sensitive and irritated skin. It also has a detoxifying effect on the skin and helps reduce inflammation.
- Cosmetic Snail Slime is filtered and processed for safe use on the skin. South Koreans and some others believe in the power of snail slime because it contains hyaluronic acid and glycolic acid, which provide moisture. With regular use, fine lines, wrinkles and scars are also reduced, making it a great ingredient in anti-aging products.
- Mugwort, also known as Artemisia Vulgaris, is a spice commonly used for its medicinal properties. It is usually drunk with tea to remove all toxins from the body.Mugwort is a popular K-beauty ingredient due to its anti-inflammatory properties, which help improve skin tone, fight acne, and soothe breakouts.
Steps involved in K beauty regimens
- Oil-based cleanser
Oil and water repel each other, meaning a water-based cleanser can’t remove all oil-based contaminants from your skin. This step is particularly useful if you have makeup on your face It does not remove natural, healthy oils from your face.
- Water-based cleanser
This is usually a foaming liquid (or bar) that removes any impurities left behind by the oily cleanser, such as sweat and dirt. If you do not have any makeup on, you can simply start here.
Exfoliants help remove dead skin cells and debris. Start slowly and sparingly (once or twice a week at most). They come in the form of scrubs, peels and pads.
When you reach this stage, your skin’s pH may have changed and needs to be brought back to an acidic state. They help restore balance and hydrate the skin.
The essences are unique in Korean skin care. They contain fermented ingredients and are intended to moisturize and protect the skin.Think of an essence as something between a toner and a serum.
In Korean skin care, a treatment is anything aimed at solving a specific problem, usually referred to as a serum. They contain highly concentrated ingredients to combat specific problems such as wrinkles and acne.
Sheet masks are serum-soaked paper sheets that are applied to the face for about 20 minutes. Just like peels, sheet masks are not something that needs to or should be done every day. Since they are basically just serum on sheets, you could possibly skip the step.
- Eye cream
Eye gels, creams or oils are intended for use on thin, sensitive skin around the eyes and help fight dark circles, bags under the eyes and fine lines.
K beauty Moisturizers acts like a sealant and allows everything to penetrate the skin.
Recently people are becoming more and more aware of the effects of sun damage. More and more products like foundations and moisturizers are being sold with built-in SPF. Even if some of your products have SPF in them, it is important to apply a viable sunscreen.
Top picks for K beauty moisturizers
1. Beauty of Joseon, Dynasty Cream
This moisturizer is enriched with the goodness of ginseng root, hyaluronic acid and radhish seed extract that helps you manage sebum production and keeps you looking fresh. It gives you a dewy, glass like effect.
2. Enough, Collagen, Moisture Essential Mist
Esse face mist has collagen contents that help repair your skin and prevent any further skin damage. Simply spray on your face after washing or spray on a cotton pad and apply gently.
3. CosRx, Advanced Snail 92, All in One Cream
K beauty moisturizers made from mucin help soothe your skin and minimize irritation. It is a nourishing cream that adds freshness to your skin. Its active ingredients directly help you withstand skin damage.
4. Radiant Seoul, Bright Potion, Phyto Water Cream
Esse beauty cream is rich in Vitamin C, Glutathione, Hydrolyzed Collagen that helps brighten the skin and promote firmness, as well as anti-aging botanical extracts, ceramides, and vitamins which help neutralize the skin from chemical damage.
5. Idealove, Eye See You(th), Super-Ferment Eye Cream
Esse super-ferment K beauty moisturizer eye cream has 3 Forms of Fermentation plus 6 Peptides and 5 Ceramides. The light and nongreasy cream has anti-aging properties that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles under your skin and sooth the skin near the eye.
K beauty moisturizers are all the rage on the market. The organic and exotic ingredients make the skincare regime even more fruitful. Ensure that you do a patch test before applying any of these creams. K Beauty moisturizers can hydrate your skin and keep the goodness of the other products locked in, while helping fight aging and stiffness in your skin. Check out these K Beauty moisturizers curated by Hermagic on iHerb and say goodbye to dull skin!