New York, or the Big Apple, as many love to call it, is an incomparable city; there is no place on the face of this earth that competes, or even matches the high of the city. When you think of the city, an instant montage of the skyline, against which people and automobiles are zooming back and forth at the speed of light, appears. Such is the hype of this city. There is no shortage of ‘spark’ in the city- no wonder there is no shortage of tourists too. Every year around 66.6 million visitors tour the city, and the graph shows no signs of decline either. Thus it is very important for you to understand how to get the right flights to New York in such a crazy demand. In this blog, HerMagic will help you learn a few new tips and tricks to book cheap flights to New York and what platforms you can use for the best deals and offers on flights to New York.
How to book cheap flights to New York
1. Cheapest fares or standard fares?
Most of the airlines offer basic economy fares which are usually cheaper than standard economy fares which might seem appealing, but it may not be the wisest pick for you. They often exclude many amenities like bringing a carry-on, choosing your seat, or changing your ticket. For any of these facilities, you may have to get charged extra which will add to the basic economy fare and lead to the increased charges. Thus it is advisable to choose standard fee options.
2. Weekend or weekdays- when to book?
You might only get enough free time to book tickets for flights to New York on weekends only, but remember that it is a weekend for everybody and everyone is trying to book flights. This rush on the website’s traffic leads to surcharges and increased prices are displayed across booking platforms. Thus, it is better to book your flights on weekdays.
3. Time of landing
The peak outgoing hours from the UK to New York are 7-10 am and 3-7 pm, which often have high fares and you might end up losing more money than you would want to. The rest of the hours can help you find cheaper flights. It is also advisable to avoid weekends for your dates of visits, as these days too experience heavy traffic, and thus, increased prices.
The most noticeable high season in New York begins between mid-December and early January. During peak season, which includes March and the summer holiday months (late July and August), you can expect ticket prices to be 10-25% higher. The cheapest times of year to travel to New York are April, October, and November. In fact, even the onset of December is usually a good month to book flights to New York.
5. Supply and demand
During times of recession, economic downturn often affects flights to New York, which is when airlines adjust their prices to ensure seats are full. Another factor that influences cheap flights is the current and expected fuel costs. When do fuel prices apply? You can expect cheaper plane tickets to New York, and as the price increases, the tickets become more expensive.
Tips and tricks of New York airports before booking flights to New York
- For flights to New York, there are two main options direct from New York; namely LaGuardia Airport (LGA) and JFK International Airport (JFK). LaGuardia operates primarily as a national sales point for travellers to and from New York. JFK, on the other hand, is more internationally focused and offers direct flights to destinations around the world.
- Business travellers to Manhattan should book their tickets to the nearest airport, LaGuardia Airport (LGA) but the focus is only on domestic flights. John F.Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is the closest international airport to Manhattan.
- JFK handles delays very efficiently, has some of the best lounges and amenities, and offers numerous domestic and international airline options.
- Convenient for travellers to New Jersey or Southern New York, EWR has short wait times and is connected to downtown New York via AirTrain.
- LGA is the most convenient way to travel to New York and offers some of the best restaurants, including the Delta Terminal.
- The easiest and cheapest way to get from LaGuardia to JFK and vice versa is by shuttle. There are numerous shuttle services available at both airports: tickets cost around $10 or more and travel time is around 30 minutes or more, depending on traffic.
- Many trucking companies offer trips to Newark International and other locations in the city and surrounding suburbs.
Where to book flights to New York
Secure your seats on our flights with just a few simple clicks. easyJet is the solution to all your flights to New York qualms. You can easily discover new places, create unforgettable memories, and experience the world with easyJet- a reliable short haul airline platform that gives you many options to choose from, so you can have the best booking experience this vacation season. Book your easyJet flight now and let your adventure begin! Your dream destination awaits.
New York has 5 boroughs, none of which are short on adventures. It is not untrue that the city really is the city of life and the peak of human emotions. You will, however, need to check the visa regulations before visiting the city if you are travelling from abroad. Book your flights with easyJet today and embark on your next adventure! For more information, visit HerMagic.