Who has not had a goof up at the airport- boarding to literally anywhere? It gets super awkward, super soon and everybody dreams of avoiding that awkward all their life. Flights to Edinburgh do require some degree of attention especially if you are travelling from another country. Fear not, though, Hermagic is here to help you. In this blog, we will enlist everything you must know about booking flights to Edinburgh and what you should take care of pre and post boarding and landing.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Booking Flights to Edinburgh
Keep your Passport Updated
International travel requires a valid passport, and it’s crucial to check the expiration date well in advance to ensure that your passport is up to date. Renewing a passport can be a time-consuming process, so it’s advisable to start early to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Online Check In
To Queue or Not To Queue- That is the question, but the answer will always remain the same- never the queue. Nobody wants to waste their time standing in long queues, waiting for their time to check in. Web Check in takes that very problem off the task list- it allows you to check in from the comfort of your home on any device with an internet connection
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a traveller in possession of a heavy suitcase must be in want of a baggage scale. Different airlines have specific baggage weight limits and fees for excess luggage so be sure to check your booked airline’s baggage policy to avoid unexpected charges. Packing efficiently and weighing your luggage at home can help you stay within the prescribed limits, ensuring a smooth check-in process.
Early to wake early to rise, keeps you from missing your flight! Make sure that you are aware of the airline’s boarding schedule and arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight’s departure to ensure that you do not miss your flight. It is generally recommended to be at the airport at least two hours before a domestic flight and three hours before an international one. This buffer time allows you to navigate through security, check-in counters, and any unforeseen delays comfortably.
Where to Book Flights to Edinburgh
Ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure to the captivating city of Edinburgh? Look no further than easyJet for your ticket to an exceptional journey with their wide range of convenient flight options and competitive prices.
easyJet is a prominent and well established low cost airline group that is based in the United Kingdom, and offers an extensive network of flights all across Europe. Founded in 1995, it has since grown into one of the largest budget airlines in Europe with an extensive route network that covers over 30 countries and more than 150 destinations; thereby making it a convenient option for travellers looking to explore various European cities and regions. Passengers can also enjoy affordable travel without sacrificing comfort or service.
The airline follows a fair and transparent pricing model, allowing travellers to select various fare options, including standard, flexi, and upfront, depending on their preferences and needs. Plus it’s so easy to use! The airline’s website and mobile app allow customers to search, compare, and book flights with ease or even manage their bookings and check in online, reducing wait times at the airport.
How You Can Save Even More With easyJet on Flights to Edinburgh?
easyJet offers two fantastic options for travellers who frequently choose this budget-friendly airline: the easyJet Plus membership and the FLEXI fare. These options provide added convenience, flexibility, and value to enhance the overall travel experience.
1. easyJet Plus Membership ($215)
- Reserved Seats: The Plus subscription allows you to secure reserved seats on all your flights, ensuring that you and your companions can sit together and enjoy a more comfortable journey.
- Special Baggage Drop Areas: You can take advantage of dedicated baggage drop areas at the airport, saving you valuable time during check-in.
- Fast Track Security: At select airports, you’ll have access to the Fast Track security lanes, allowing you to breeze through security checks with minimal wait times.
- Expedited Boarding: Enjoy expedited boarding, which means you can be among the first to board the aircraft, select your preferred seats, and settle in without any rush.
- Extra Cabin Bag: easyJet Plus members are entitled to an extra cabin bag, providing more space for your personal items and travel essentials.
- Other Perks: The membership also comes with a host of additional benefits, making your travel experience more convenient and enjoyable.
If you’re a frequent flyer with easyJet, the easyJet Plus membership is a worthwhile investment, ensuring a seamless and stress-free journey with a range of privileges and conveniences.
2. FLEXI Fare:
- Date and Time Changes: With a FLEXI fare, you have the flexibility to make changes to your flight dates and times. This feature provides peace of mind, especially when travel plans are subject to last-minute alterations.
- Free Checked Bag: Enjoy a generous 51-pound checked bag allowance, which is particularly convenient if you need to travel with more luggage.
- Dedicated Bag Drop: FLEXI fare travellers can use a dedicated bag drop service, expediting the check-in process.
- Quick Boarding: Benefit from quick boarding, allowing you to board the aircraft promptly and choose your preferred seat.
- Fast Track Security: At select airports, you’ll have access to the Fast Track security lanes for a more efficient security screening experience.
- Front-Row Seat: FLEXI fare includes the option to select a front-row seat, providing extra legroom and comfort during your flight.
- In-Flight Voucher: Receive an onboard bistro voucher worth $10 (or equivalent) to use toward in-flight dining or refreshments.
Edinburgh and the unforgettable landscape of Scotland await you and it has really never been easier to book the most affordable flights to Edinburgh– with easyJet and its subscription services. Remember to keep in mind all that HerMagic has told you about boarding flights to Edinburgh, and you will never have a bad flight experience, ever- Bible!