If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty meal to enjoy with your loved ones, a chicken hotpot recipe might just be what you need. This popular comfort food has been enjoyed by many for years, particularly during the colder months.
The combination of tender chicken, flavourful broth, and an assortment of fresh vegetables and spices creates a rich and satisfying meal that is perfect for warming up on a chilly day. Plus, hotpots are great for sharing and creating a cosy, communal dining experience.
In this blog, we’ll explore the ins and outs of making an absolutely delicious and one of the most popular chicken hotpot recipes. From the right ingredients to preparing the broth and assembling the hotpot, we have provided all the details you need to prepare this delectable recipe. Get ready to discover this new favourite chicken hotpot recipe that will surely become a staple in your household.
The Tastiest Chicken Hotpot Recipe: Chicken and Butter Bean Hotpot
Chicken hotpot is a warm and comforting dish. It is perfect for cold winter nights, and the best part about it is that it is very easy to prepare at home. Now is time to check out all the ingredients that you need to collect and all the steps to make this tasty chicken hotpot recipe.
Chicken & Butter Bean Hotpot (Recipe)
This recipe is perfect for those who want a hearty and filling meal that is easy to make. The chicken is the star of this dish, and it is cooked in a rich and flavorful broth along with butter beans and vegetables. The result is a delicious and satisfying hotpot that will warm you up from the inside out.
Also Read: Discover The Best Hotels In Bournemouth
About this chicken hotpot recipe
This extremely easy-to-prepare chicken hotpot recipe can be ready and served in just about 45 minutes. In the next part, we will tell you how to transform the succulent chicken pieces and hearty butter beans into a dish that delights every taste bud it reaches. Then you will simply have to top the creamy filling with thinly sliced potatoes and bake it until golden to get an absolutely magnificent chicken hotpot preparation.
Note: The ingredients listed below are given when cooking for two people. Multiply the quantity when you are cooking for more people. (For instance, if you are cooking for 4 people, then double the quantity of each ingredient).
- 2 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on (250g)
- 160g fine green beans
- 50g soft cheese
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5.5g Dijon mustard
- 2 white potatoes
- 185g can of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 11g chicken stock mix
- 80g baby button mushrooms
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions (Prepare the chicken hotpot recipe in these 9 easy steps)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Dry chicken thighs by patting them with paper towels and season them with salt and pepper. Drench the chicken thighs in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large casserole dish or oven-safe pot. Add the chicken thighs and cook until they are golden brown on all sides. Take the chicken out the pot and put it aside.
- Add the carrot and baby button mushrooms to the same pot and cook until they are slightly softened.
- Dice the potatoes into small squares, wash them and add to the pot. Add the fine green beans and the drained and rinsed butter beans.
- Mix the chicken stock with 250ml of boiling water in a separate bowl. Add the Dijon mustard, oregano and soft cheese to the stock mixture and stir well. Pour the stock mixture into the pot with the vegetables and beans.
- Return the chicken thighs to the pot, ensuring they are submerged in the broth. Take a lid, cover the pot and put it into the oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Bring the pot out from the oven. It will take a few minutes to cold down.
- Serve the hotpot in bowls, and enjoy!
Also Read: Sophisticated Style: The Power Of The All Black Suit
- You can use boneless and skinless chicken thighs if you prefer, but the bone and skin add more flavour to the broth.
- You can use any vegetables you like in this hotpot, such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, onions, bell peppers, or zucchini.
- You can also add some chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, or cilantro, to the hotpot before serving for some extra flavour.
Take your taste buds for a Paradisal journey!
This chicken and butter bean hotpot is an amazing recipe for chicken hotpot and is a great way to enjoy a warm and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion. It is easy to make, and it can be customised to your liking. You can use different vegetables, spices, and herbs to make them your own. Plus, it is a great dish to make ahead of time and reheat later. We hope you enjoy this chicken hotpot recipe as much as we do! For more such amazing recipes, visit Gousto and take your taste buds for a paradisal journey. Read more such interesting recipes on Hermagic!